Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Regulating the card lenders

Received this letter dated May 2, 2009:

Dear Fred Phillips:

As your credit card company, we value your business and appreciate the opportunity to service your financial needs.

In a recent review of your account, we noticed that you have only used a limited amount of your credit line with us. We believe this may indicate that the line may be higher than required to meet your monthly spending needs and, as a result, your credit line has been changed to $**,***.00.

Chase is committed to maintaining the highest levels of customer satisfaction and we are always looking for ways to improve our products and services. If this change does not meet your current needs or you have questions about this change, please call us at 1-800-346-5538 and one of our advisors can assist you further.

Sincerely, 
Cardmember Services

...to which I reply via this blog:

Dear Chase,

Due to your unexplained and seemingly random - but ever increasing - fees, and your abrupt reductions in service, I do not consider you a trusted lender. That is why I do not borrow money from you. And won't, if I can avoid it.

Incidentally, I opened this account with a bank that you later acquired. I never asked to borrow money from you, so don't you dare condescend to me.

Best wishes,
Fred Phillips

No comments: